In anticipation of the consecration ceremony of the Ram temple on January 22, Prime Minister Narendra Modi embarked on a significant visit to Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh. The visit was marked by a series of monumental announcements and inaugurated projects, reflecting a commitment to the holistic development of the region.
Unveiling Maharishi Valmiki International Airport Ayodhya Dham
One of the noteworthy inaugurations was that of Maharishi Valmiki International Airport Ayodhya Dham. The terminal building, spanning 6,500 sqm, is designed to accommodate around 10 lakh passengers annually. This development is poised to enhance connectivity and contribute to the economic growth of the region.
Key Features of Maharishi Valmiki International Airport Ayodhya Dham
- This state-of-the-art airport, developed at a cost of over Rs 1450 crore in its first phase, signifies a pivotal milestone in Ayodhya’s infrastructural development.
- With a sprawling terminal area of 6500 sqm, the airport boasts a capacity to cater to around 10 lakh passengers annually.
- Scheduled to commence operations from January 6, it is poised to make a significant contribution to improving connectivity to Ayodhya.
- As the inauguration aligns strategically with the upcoming consecration ceremony of the Ram Temple, the airport is anticipated to play a crucial role in facilitating the seamless travel of devotees to this sacred destination.
Redevelopment of Ayodhya Dham Railway Station
A key highlight of the visit was the inauguration of the redeveloped Ayodhya Dham Railway Station. Accompanied by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Adityanath, Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw, and other dignitaries, PM Modi marked the completion of Phase I of the project, which incurred a cost of over ₹240 crore.
Key Features of Ayodhya Dham Railway Station
- The three-storey railway station boasts modern amenities such as lifts, escalators, food plazas, shops catering to puja needs, cloakrooms, child care rooms, and waiting halls.
- Ayodhya Dham Junction prioritizes inclusivity, ensuring accessibility for all passengers, embracing diverse needs and abilities.
- The station is equipped with lifts and escalators, ensuring seamless vertical mobility for passengers.
- Additionally, the presence of waiting halls, child care rooms, and cloakrooms enhances the overall travel experience.
- The station features food plazas and shops catering to puja needs, offering passengers a variety of options to explore and enjoy during their transit.
- In a nod to environmental sustainability, Ayodhya Dham Junction Railway Station has received certification from the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) as a ‘green station building.’
Important Questions Related to Exams
1. What is the capacity of Maharishi Valmiki International Airport Ayodhya Dham?
a) 5 lakh passengers annually
b) 8 lakh passengers annually
c) 10 lakh passengers annually
2. When is Maharishi Valmiki International Airport Ayodhya Dham scheduled to commence operations?
a) December 25
b) January 6
c) February 14
3. How much did the first phase of the airport’s development cost?
a) Rs 1000 crore
b) Rs 1200 crore
c) Over Rs 1450 crore
4. What certification has Ayodhya Dham Junction Railway Station received for environmental sustainability?
a) LEED Certification
b) Green Building Certification
c) Energy Star Certification
5. What role is Maharishi Valmiki International Airport expected to play in relation to the consecration ceremony of the Ram Temple?
a) No significant role
b) Facilitating seamless travel for devotees
c) Acting as a religious site for the ceremony
Please provide your answers in the comments section.