External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar has extended a concessional USD 40 million Line of Credit for developing sporting infrastructure in the Maldives. It is a part of New Delhi’s efforts to bring Prime Minister Narendra Modi‘s flagship projects such as fit India and Khelo India into the stretch of the Neighborhood First Policy. External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar is on a visit to the Maldives to further expand bilateral engagement with the key maritime neighbor of India.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
India Extended USD 40 Million for Bolstering Sports Infrastructure in Maldives- Key Points
- External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar has inaugurated the community center with his Maldivian counterpart Abdulla Shahid.
- Sports infrastructure across islands will be developed through the dedicated concessional USD 40 million Line of Credit.
- Fit India and Khelo India were introduced by the Modi government to revive sporting and fitness culture at the grass root level in India.
- The community center in Shaviyani Foakaidhoo is part of 45 high-impact projects that New Delhi is partnering with the Maldives government of which 23 have been completed.
- Foakaidhoo is one of the inhabited islands of the Shaviyani Atoll administrative division and is geographically part of Miladhummadulhu Atoll in the Maldives.
- New Delhi’s cooperation in the areas of sports and youth development has expanded rapidly through the gifting of equipment and training of Maldivian athletes in India.
- India has undertaken grant projects for setting up youth centers, strengthening sports infrastructure, and establishing open-air gyms on 64 islands, including Foakaidhoo.
UAE and India discussing settling non-oil trade in Rupees
Vietnam President Nguyen Xuan Phuc announces resignation
Find More International News Here