Gujarat CM Bhupendra Patel and Union Minister of State for communications Devusinh Chauhan on July 8 launched the ‘Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Yojna’ an accident insurance scheme, from Nadia of Kheda district in Gujarat.
What in News?
Gujarat CM Bhupendra Patel and Union Minister of State for Communication Devusinh Chauhan launched a scheme for the welfare of the laborers named as ‘Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Scheme’ which is a launched on a pilot basis.
Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Scheme is an accident insurance scheme which will provide the financial assistance to the laborers and their family in case of any accident happen to them at the work place.
Due to the implementation of Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Scheme Gujarat became the first state in India to launch a scheme for the welfare of the laborers.
Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Scheme:
- Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Scheme is launched by the Gujarat CM Bhupendra Patel and Union Minister of State for Communication Devusinh Chauhan to provide financial support to the laborers in case of any accident.
Departments/Ministries responsible for its implementation:
- Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Scheme is implemented through the Indian Postal Department, the Indian Post Payment Banks and the Ministry of Labor and Employment.
Objective of the Scheme:
- The objective of the Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Scheme is to give priority to the welfare and safety of our Shram Yogis so that they can get financial security in case of an accident happen to them at the work place.
- Its aim is to remember the contribution and dedication to the laborers in India’s development and provide them with necessary social security.
Government’s Data for the Scheme:
- Data of 28 crore workers of India will be collated so that they can be covered under the Antyodaya Shramik Suraksha Scheme.
- Union Minister of State for Communication assured the CM that one lakh poor families of Kheda district will get the benefit of this scheme within 60 days.
Benefits provided under the Scheme:
- Under this scheme, insurance with a premium of Rs.289 and Rs.499 per year will provide the financial support to workers in the event of death or partial disability.
- In case of the laborer’s accidental death or permanent disability 10 lakh will be given to their family.
- In case of death, the deceased children will be eligible for education assistance of Rs.1 lakh.
Find More News Related to Schemes & Committees