Top-Performing Global Airports of 2022
The COVID-19 epidemic created a difficult operational environment last year, causing delays, interruptions, and resource issues at numerous airports and airlines around the globe. According to the most recent Cirium Aviation Analytics study, a number of airports worldwide thrived despite this environment.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Delhi, Bangalore one of Top-Performing Global Airports of 2022: Cirium Report
Bangalore’s Kempegoda International Airport and Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport both ranked second and seventh in Cirium’s list of the world’s best-performing airports for 2022. According to the data, while 84.08% of the 201,897 flights that departed on time from Bangalore’s Kempegoda International Airport and 81.84% of the 411,205 flights that departed on time from Delhi’s IGI Airport.
1668 Journalists killed in the Past 20 years Between 2003 to 2022
List of Top 10 Top-Performing Global Airports of 2022
The top 10 top-performing global airports according to Cirium were:
|Rank||Airport Name||Airport Location|
|1.||Haneda Airport||Tokyo, Japan|
|2.||Kempegowda International Airport||Bangalore, India|
|3.||Salt Lake City International Airport||Utah, US|
|4.||Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport||Michigan, US|
|5.||Philadelphia International Airport||Pennsylvania, US|
|6.||Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport||Minnesota, US|
|7.||Indira Gandhi International Airport||Delhi, India|
|8.||Seattle-Tacoma International Airport||Washington, US|
|9.||El Dorado International Airport||Bogota, Colombia|
|10.||Charlotte Douglas International Airport||North Carolina, US|
No Europe, UK Airport in Top-Performing Global Airports
- The list of the world’s most punctual airlines was also issued by Cirium at the same time as the list of top-performing international airports.
- Azul Airlines of Brazil became “the worldwide leader.”
- On the other hand, for the second year running, Delta Airlines received the Cirium Platinum Award for worldwide operational excellence.
- The top low-cost airline in the world is Japan’s StarFlyer.
- In Cirium’s report, neither European airlines nor airports were included, and neither a UK airline nor airport qualified for its regional rating of the best performer in Europe.
Chennai, Southern cities have highest rates of women employment
Findings of Cirium Report on Top-Performing Global Airports
- Airlines found it challenging to predict the unexpected demand recovery in 2022.
- They had already experienced disappointment throughout the pandemic when it appeared that demand was increasing only for it to reverse course in response to new Covid variations.
- However, operations soon became significantly better as the sector hired more people and altered capacity.
- The year 2023 seems to be very promising for the aviation sector.
Find More Ranks and Reports Here