The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) will hold its Raising Day function in the Bastar district of Chhattisgarh for the first time, a place that has been a hotbed of left-wing extremism. The preparation for the celebration on March 19 will start in a few days.
They are preparing the infrastructure. It will be held in Jagdalpur in a place called Karanpur — the headquarter of the 204 and 201 COBRA battalion. The parade will happen there. It is about 15 km from Jagdalpur airport.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
CRPF to Hold Annual Raising Day in Chhattisgarh’s Bastar District- Key Points
- Bastar along with other districts in Chhattisgarh such as Sukma, Dantewada, and Bijawara have witnessed major attacks by Maoist groups in the past prompting the paramilitary force to launch counter-offensive operations.
- The CRPF, which is the largest paramilitary force in the country, celebrated its 83rd CRPF Day in Jammu last year.
- In the CRPF, there are four zones – Jammu and Kashmir zone, Central Zone, the Northeast zone, and the Southern zone — each headed by a special director general.
- Under each zone, there are different sectors, each headed by an inspector general under whom there are several battalions.
- The Chhattisgarh sector comes under the administrative jurisdiction of the central zone.
- The CRPF was entrusted with the task of anti-naxal operations there in 2003.
- There are 6 COBRA battalions in the Chhattisgarh sector. The Cobra battalion is a specialized force within the CRPF where personnel specializes in guerrilla warfare.
- India, Seychelles sign pact on information sharing in maritime security
- Navy Chief Awarded On-The-Spot Unit Citation INS Nireekshak for Salvage Operation
Find More Defence News Here