Bitcoin, Virgin Galactic, Moderna: What to View When the Stock Market Opens Today
Here’s what we’re enjoying ahead of Monday’s opening bell.
- U.S. stock futures edged up and bond yields crept lower as investors grew more comfy with the inflation outlook and the rate of the financial recovery.
- Futures tied to the S&P 500 included 0.5%, indicating a favorable start to the week after the broad-market index fell moderately for two weeks in a row. Nasdaq-100 futures rose 0.8%, recommending gains for innovation stocks after the opening bell. Read our complete market wrap here.
- Bitcoin regained some ground after touching multi-month lows Sunday and traded around $37,000, a 5% rise from Friday at 5 p.m. ET.
What’s Showing up
- Incomes are due from America’s Car-Mart CRMT 0.62% and Lordstown Motors RIDE -1.24% after the close.
- An online conference hosted by CoinDesk begins Monday. Federal Reserve governor Lael Brainard speaks on digital currencies at 9 a.m. ET
Market Movers to Watch
- Virgin Galactic SPCE 6.36% shares soared 19% premarket. The space-travel company stated it completed the very first human area flight from New Mexico on Saturday.
- Moderna MRNA -2.72% shares added 1.8% ahead of the bell. Over the weekend it reached an agreement with Samsung Biologics to produce Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccine.
- < img srcset=" https://images.wsj.net/im-339258?width=140&size=1.5005861664712778 140w, https://images.wsj.net/im-339258?width=540&size=1.5005861664712778 540w, https://images.wsj.net/im-339258?width=620&size=1.5005861664712778 620w, https://images.wsj.net/im-339258?width=700&size=1.5005861664712778 700w, https://images.wsj.net/im-339258?width=860&size=1.5005861664712778 860w, & https://images.wsj.net/im-339258?width=1260&size=1.5005861664712778 1260w "sizes=" (max-width: 140px) 100px, (max-width: 540px) 500px, (max-width: 620px) 580px, (max-width: 700px) 660px, (max-width: 860px) 820px, 1260px” src =” https://images.wsj.net/im-339258?width=620&size=1.5005861664712778″ data-enlarge=” https://images.wsj.net/im-339258?width=1260&size=1.5005861664712778″ alt=”” title=” A healthcare employee from the El Paso Fire Department administered the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine in …”/ > A healthcare worker from the El Paso Fire Department administered the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine in El Paso, Texas, Might 7, 2021.< span class=" wsj-article-credit article __ inset __ image __ caption __ credit" itemprop= "creator" > Photo: jose luis gonzalez/Reuters Cabot Oil & Gas COG 0.34% and Cimarex Energy XEC -0.50% said they would integrate in
- a merger of equates to. Shares of both companies slipped 1% premarket. AMC Entertainment AMC -3.75% shares got 1.6% premarket. The movie-theater chain’s largest investor, China’s Dalian Wanda Group, has sold the majority of its shares, according to a securities filing on Friday.
- Nvidia NVDA 2.60% shares rose 1.2% premarket. The chip maker on Friday proposed a 1-for-4 stock split, the greatest in its history.
- Target Hospitality TH 3.20% shares leapt 4.5% premarket after the service provider of rental accommodations and catering services reported quarterly profits and raised its outlook for the year.
- Apple AAPL -1.48% shares edged up 0.6% premarket. Impressive Games’ courtroom fight versus Apple is expected to end Monday with a debate-style format in which the judge will drill each side with questions about their cases.
- Splunk SPLK 1.54% shares increased 0.8% premarket. UBS on Friday lifted its rating of the cloud-software company’s stock from sell to neutral, though it likewise cut its price target.
- Investors that held on to footwear-and-apparel business VF Corp. shares for the previous 10 years have actually seen total shareholder returns of nearly 390%, more than 7 times a basket of peers.
- The typical existing-home price increased to $341,600 in April, the highest on record, the National Association of Realtors stated Friday. The yearly rate gratitude of more than 19% was the strongest in information going back to 1999.
Chart of the Day
- Sales of collateralized loan responsibilities, securities backed by packages of risky business loans, are hitting records, lifted by a recovering economy and need from yield-starved financiers.
Should Checks Out Because You Went to Bed
Copyright © 2020 Dow Jones & & Business, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8
Published at Mon, 24 May 2021 12:33:00 +0000
Attribution – To Find Out More here is the Post Source: https://www.wsj.com/articles/bitcoin-virgin-galactic-moderna-splunk-what-to-watch-when-the-stock-market-opens-today-11621853470.